Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Monday, May 4, 2009

A Dirty Affair

We had been working since early morning. What started as an overcast sky, graduated to an incessant drizzle. We made a mad dash for the shelter of the barn. Partner was out on the west side of the ranch and wouldn't be home until noon.
I felt a certain strain in the air. There had been that incident two weeks ago when he almost upended me in the catfish pond. As a conciliatory gesture, I grabbed a towel and began cleaning the moisture and mud from his body.
I can say now, what happened in the barn was not premeditated. Actually, I thought the rain would let up and we'd be back to work. As the moments extended to minutes and then hours, fate led me down the shabby path.
That evening, I lay in bed wondering if Partner had discovered my treachery. Just as I was falling asleep I heard, "I thought we were going to wait and clean the tractors tomorrow?"

No comments:

Post a Comment