Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Monday, February 15, 2010

Belated Valentine's Gift

I meant to tell you this sooner, but I was so busy with the fund-raiser that I didn't get to it. Belatedly, it is my Valentine's gift to you.

I could write a book and go on all the talk shows and make tons of money, but instead I'm giving you one of life's truths in the hopes that it will make 2010 and your marriage/relationship even better.

Men are usually reacters. Women are usually anticipaters. Women want men to be anticipaters...they are not. Women plan, plot and scheme and men just react to what is thrown at them. It drives women crazy and not in the right way.

Every once in a while PARTNER, who is very familiar with my thesis, will throw me a curve by being an anticipater. I am so overwhelmed and filled with love that he earns a dispensation for the rest of the week. Of course, not being an anticipater, he doesn't realize he could sail through life if he just managed one anticipatory action each week. Even if he did realize this, he probably couldn't pull it off because basically, he is a reacter.

He sees a pair of black socks in his drawer and he wears them.
I see that there is only only pair of black socks in his drawer and either someone needs to do the laundry or go buy some more socks.

Yeah, it's sort of like packing at the the last minute, not filling the car with gas the night before and deciding the car needs to be washed on your way out of town. We all know those tasks need to be done before one leaves town, but the reactor doesn't think that far ahead. I guess these guys were all outside pulling the tails off of newts when Sesame Street was showing the "plan your picnic" segment.

This is not a blanket condemnation of men. I know a few couples where the men are the anticipaters and consequently are driven crazy by the reacter wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment