Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Gorey Details


It's not that I have overlooked the tragic event of last week, but I was just too busy getting moved into my re-model to worry about the affairs of the world. Now that I have time to give it proper consideration... here is the crack journalistic take on Tipper and Al's divorce.

The real story here is that "gray" divorce is on the rise. I guess after 40 years with someone, his or her little idiosyncrasies might begin to take a toll on the relationship. It is a really good thing that I personally don't have any of these and that I am capable of overlooking PARTNER'S.
After taking a hard look at Tipper and Al's marriage, I can happily say there are few parallels to my own.
Tipper and Al wrote a book together. I wrote two books, but PARTNER hasn't read them.
Al has gained so much weight he looks like the Michelin Man. PARTNER works out everyday.
Al performed a full tongue assault on his wife on national television. To my knowledge, PARTNER and I are not the subject of a passionate video on UTUBE.
Al is very green. PARTNER has solar pumps on the ranch wells.
Tipper started an organization to rate rap music lyrics. I outlawed the word (C)rap at my house.
Al's family is very wealthy. PARTNER'S father worked at a bank.
Tipper and Al fell in love at the Prom. PARTNER and I met in the cafeteria at UofH.
Al is a politician. PARTNER is a CPA, but he did serve on the state tax commission.
Al won a Nobel Prize. I didn't win a Pulitzer Prize...yet.
George Bush and a hanging chad ruined their life. George Bush is from Midland and we don't know Chad.

No comments:

Post a Comment