Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hiring a Security Guard

Ever since the first Apache encroachment, I've been considering hiring a security guard for the ranch. My contractor and former Marine, as well as a Major in Special Forces volunteered for a one-time visit, but I really need someone full-time. 
There is less than 3% unemployment in Midland.  Here, you are completely employable unless you fit in the following categories:
1. Illegal alien
2. Felon
3. Drug/alcohol addict
...then you can only have two out of three issues and still be hired. So far, my list of applicants has been pretty discouraging.




1 comment: