Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 22, 2011

My Top Christmas Movies

I am an old movie buff, so you won't find any recent films here.They are not all necessarily strictly "holiday" films, but you will find Christmas comes into play somewhere in these movies.  These gems are a fun treat for the entire family. Pop up some popcorn and feel the love!
My Favorite Wife- Irene Dunne and Cary Grant
Christmas in Connecticut- Barbara Stanwyck
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
Holiday Inn -Fred Astaire and Bing Crosby
Shop Around the Corner- Jimmy Stewart
The Bishop's Wife- Cary Grant and Loretta Young
Never Say Goodbye- Errol Flynn and Eleanor Parker (I love this one!)
Bundle of Joy- Ginger Rogers
The Man Who Came to Dinner- Monty Woolley and Bette Davis



On my Christmas list?  I am hunting for a copy of Tall, Dark and Handsome (1941) with Cesar Romero. It is a cute story with a bit of Christmas.


I think he likes the way she trims the tree!


No comments:

Post a Comment