Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Monday, August 20, 2012

The New Face of China: The Face-Kini

It just may one of the least attractive fashion ideas to hit the beaches in decades.  I'm all for sunscreen, but honestly, why would anyone pay $3.00 to look like an escapee from a Godzilla movie?
The face-kini is all the rage in China where it is sold as a sunscreen and string ray deterrent. If you were planning  on a beach trip, why wouldn't you just put sunscreen on your face as well as your body?  Outside of scarring children (and adults) I can see no benefit to this mask...unless it pays to be anonymous in China.



Isn't there something a little disconcerting about a mother wearing Floaties and none on the child?

No comments:

Post a Comment