Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Monday, March 23, 2009

It's The Goldfish All Over Again

When One and Two were children, they wanted a pet. Of course, I knew who would end up taking care of it, so I vociferously fought the notion. I finally relented (a mom can take only so much hounding) and told the children I would get each of them a goldfish. If they demonstrated they were capable of providing for another creature, then we would have the furry pet discussion.

As I knew it would, cleaning the fish bowl became a more odious task for them as the weeks passed. Two's bowl always had a telltale ring of scum, but the intrepid fish hung on. One day I discovered One's fish floating on the surface. I flushed away the evidence, cleaned the bowl and prepared a comforting speech on fish death. I worried how the new pet owners would take this bit of news, but I was quite relieved when they were unshaken. After explaining the fish's demise, Two piped up, "Can I flush my fish, too? I'm tired of taking care of it."

Well, only after signing up for this blog did I discover that your blog NEVER DIES. It is out there in perpetuity. I will be taking care of this little pet for the rest of my life! Please excuse me if I sometimes forget to change the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment