Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Monday, April 13, 2009

If you Give me Chocolate, I'll be Nice.

Another Easter has come and gone. Poor me, no chocolate bunny upon which to munch. Every year I hide a basket for Partner, thinking he'll get the message. (I want one, too!) As we have been married for almost forty years, I find it irritating that he does not make note of this subtle hint.
So, I am having a huge chocolate crisis today. I need to feed the need. This is what I want for dessert tonight:

Chocolate Brownie Pie

It is very much like the pie they served at the Cellar Door Restaurant in Houston, Texas in the late 1960’s.

1 pie crust, unbaked

4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
2 tablespoons butter

Melt chocolate and butter, beat into rest of ingredients.

3 eggs

1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup dark corn syrup

3/4 cup halved pecans

Mix in pecans. Pour into pastry lined pie pan. Bake 40-50 minutes at 375°. Serve warm or cold and top with whipped cream or ice cream.

Since it is 5:40pm and I haven't started baking, my pie will be served hot. In fact, I don't think I can wait, so I'll just have a handful of chocolate morsels while it's baking. I'm always nicer with a little chocolate in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment