Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Jiminy Cricket!

I was merrily on the way to bake my pie, when that nagging inner voice called to me. " Hey Girl, if I remember this weekend correctly, you consumed sliders, garlic bread, ribs, ham and eggs, hot dogs, baked beans,French toast, ham, au gratin potatoes, almond Danish, a cheeseburger and fries. In addition, you demolished your share of coconut cupcakes. Shouldn't you wait on that fudge pie?"

I hate that voice! I had a Hostess 100 calorie pack and sulked the rest of the evening.

Well, who is to blame for spoiling all my fun? The Blue Fairy and Jiminy Cricket. When she uttered, "I dub you Pinocchio’s Conscience; Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong; Counselor in Moments of Temptation and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path," Jiminy answered her call to service.

When the movie was over, Jiminy was unemployed, so Disney put him to work on his new television show. He could have been content with teaching the Mouseketeers how to spell encyclopedia (E-N-C YC-LO-PE-DIA) but no, he had to hang around and serve as a conscience voice to a whole generation of children.

So now that I'm a grown-up person. Why is this little cricket still bothering me? It's time to put an end to this madness. To quote Jiminy," When your heart is full of dreams, no request is too extreme." So my request is ...take a hike, Jiminy, and leave me to my chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment