Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Monday, June 22, 2009

Just a Case of Semantics

Chatting on the phone with ONE last week, I mentioned that I was wearing a housecoat because I planned to write all day.
"Mother, do I need to call intervention?"
"Really, I'm up, dressed, hair fixed, but I just knew if I was fully dressed, I'd end up having to go somewhere."
"YOU own a HOUSECOAT?"
"No, it's more like a caftan."
"A CAFTAN?"
"No, I mean it is a slinky little sexy long dress with slits at the calf."
"So, you're in your pajamas."
"No, I'm definitely not in pajamas! I'm wearing my boudoir attire."

After we hung up, I was glad I didn't mention that I had just snagged a cold drink form the icebox...I mean refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment