Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Friday, August 14, 2009

I'm Just a Pawn of the History Channel

The fact that I watch the History Channel is no secret. I do get teased about it, but I can tell you there were more than forty assassination attempts on Hitler, India took a surprising stance in World War II and someone tried to ransom the mortal remains of Abraham Lincoln. Nice little tidbits to throw out in conversation, yes?
Anyway, despite my moratorium on reality shows, the History Channel has sucked me in with their new show, Pawn Stars. It is Antiques Roadshow meets trailer trash. Hosted by the Harrison family, owners of the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop in Las Vegas, this show is a journey down pawn shop lane. Everything you never wanted to know about pawn shops and more...
The crusty "Old Man", papa Harrison, his son Rick and Rick's son, Corey are the main players, but Corey's friend Chumlee, the patsy, steals the show.
If you're looking for a laugh on Sunday evenings at nine (reruns Thursday), tune into Pawn Stars and have some fun.

1 comment: