Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Monday, August 10, 2009

Six Degrees of Graduation






Who would have suspected that this little piano playing cowgirl, would graduate so many times? I was not surprised she matriculated from kindergarten without a hitch. There was a hint of ceremonies to follow when she completed high school as salutatorian. We were obviously proud as her undergraduate career drew to a close and she was named outstanding female on campus. What followed was a Masters and a PhD. Now we are celebrating for the sixth (and final) time...another Masters. Of all her successes, I think this deserves the biggest hurrah. She managed to pull this one off while working full time, producing a book and having a baby.


TWO, there were so many reasons to give up, but you didn't. I'm glad this day is finally here. You deserve a long vacation, but I guess even a day of just work and being Mommy will seem like a holiday after the schedule you've been juggling. I love you and I'm so proud of all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment