Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Invest With the Funny Folks

Who is doing well on Wall Street today? Try Steve Leuthold of the Leuthold Weeden Research Group. Every month we receive about 100 pages of information from these folks explaining what the markets are doing and why. Obviously, they have many elves who spend considerable time and effort to compile these statistics. PARTNER reads them from cover-to-cover. I, on the other hand, go straight for the At Random section which contains six (usually) pages of the jokes and humorous commentary.
Really, I don't want to know why the market does what it does and I don't even care. I am beyond trying to figure out how the economic system works, or doesn't work. Anyone who understands the importance of humor in our lives has a pretty good perspective from which to consider anything else. For my money, no pun intended, it would be Steve. So, if you're looking for a new place to invest that pittance you have left from your former investments, you might try the Leuthold Group. Even if you don't make any money, at least they will leave you laughing all the way to the poor house.
Disclaimer: I have no connection with the Leuthold Group, nor do any of my relatives. If you are dumb enough to follow my financial advice which includes such pearls as "Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy things that make me happy.", you deserve whatever you get...I'm hoping I get rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment