Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Monday, October 19, 2009

Caught In The Spin Cycle

My washing machine is the pits! In fact, it is so bad that it broke the first week I had it. They had to replace it with an entirely new machine which has functioned for the last eighteen months. Then the "board" went out on it.
What is this cheap imitation of a washing machine? Well, it is a top-of-the-line Whirlpool Cabrio. Not only is it not dependable, it doesn't even do a good job on the laundry. The clothes exit from this agitator-less wonder looking like they have been twisted into knots. The washing cycles are interminable...some over one hour. The dyer is no better, requiring twice through a 40 minute cycle to actually dry the clothes.
I paid over $300 to get the washing machine working again and lucky for me, it comes with a whopping 30 day guarantee. If it breaks again, I'm headed to Sears for the cheapest washer and dryer I can find. I have one of those bargain duos at the ranch and they take a licking and keep on ticking. The heck with all those buttons and gadgets.

No comments:

Post a Comment