Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Monday, December 14, 2009

I'm Endowed!

No, I haven't had surgery or purchased a Wonder Bra...I have a scholarship at Midland College. At my request, Partner began the project and it is now up and functioning. I'm so excited that the first student is actually benefiting from the Cece Brune Scholarship. Friends and relatives have kindly made donations in lieu of gifts for special occasions.
It is even more thrilling to receive a notification from the College that a donation has been made, than opening a gift. (Those of you who know me, the present lover, will find this hard to believe.) It is a wonderful feeling knowing you are doing something to help another person obtain an education.
I figured out that if everyone who sent me a birthday card had sent a $1.45 (cost of card and stamp) to the scholarship, it would be a tidy little donation. Am I becoming obsessed? Maybe, but it brings me a lot of joy knowing I, with a little help from my friends, am helping a worthy student.
Thanks to all of you who have made a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment