Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Monday, January 11, 2010

Crushers, Spitters and Space Invaders

Lest you think I have drifted too far from my life as the etiquette lady and Texas Manners with all that vomit conversation, I thought it would be a good time to review some of the faux pas of etiquette...just in time for all the Spring events.

The Hand Crusher: Just because one is capable of achieving a crushing grip, there is no reason to use it in any situation other than arm-wrestling! A handshake should be firm, but not overwhelming. I do believe that embossing my rings into my flesh exceeds the definition of "firm."

The Spitter: Colds and flu aside, no one wants a "shower" of conversation. The proper cutting retort? "Do you have a towel to go with that shower?"

The Space Invader: No matter how far you retreat, this guy manages to get right in your face. Invariably, he is also a Spitter, has a hacking cough or sporting open sores. If you're lucky, maybe all three!

No comments:

Post a Comment