In his State of the Union Address, President Obama outlined his plan to "fix" almost everything he perceived wrong with this county, but he failed to mention a few of my pet peeves:
1. airlines charging for luggage
2. grocery stores constantly moving their stock so you can't find things
3. extraneous bank charges
I'm especially bank-cranky today. I don't want to pay a fee to use an ATM machine. I don't want to be charged a fee when I have coins to be converted to dollars. I don't want to pay $25 a year for over-draft protection that I never use, but I'm afraid to cancel. I really don't want to pay $10.00 for a money order when I can get one for much less at a convenience store.
Since my bank is so ready to charge extra for every service, I would like to charge them for every slight inconvenience I experience while banking.
1. For every minute I wait in the drive-thru line... $.50
2. For every ATM positioned so that you can't read the screen when the sun hits it...$1.75
3. Sending me someone else's deposit slip at the drive-thru...$10.00
4. Popping popcorn in the lobby. You know it stinks up the entire bank!...$2.00
5. Taking up your time trying to convince you to add services to your account...$1.00 per minute
6. Linking your ATM card to the wrong account...$25.00
7. Accidentally depositing money to your account, while nice for me, painful for the other guy...$25.00
8. Not being able to conclude a transaction without your spouse's approval...punishable by death
I hate to single out a specific bank, but let's just say that my bank and a STAGECOACH have a lot in common:
You're in for a rough ride.
It will take a long time.
There's a distinct possibility you could be robbed.