Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Friday, January 29, 2010

You Can Bank On It

In his State of the Union Address, President Obama outlined his plan to "fix" almost everything he perceived wrong with this county, but he failed to mention a few of my pet peeves:
1. airlines charging for luggage
2. grocery stores constantly moving their stock so you can't find things
3. extraneous bank charges

I'm especially bank-cranky today. I don't want to pay a fee to use an ATM machine. I don't want to be charged a fee when I have coins to be converted to dollars. I don't want to pay $25 a year for over-draft protection that I never use, but I'm afraid to cancel. I really don't want to pay $10.00 for a money order when I can get one for much less at a convenience store.

Since my bank is so ready to charge extra for every service, I would like to charge them for every slight inconvenience I experience while banking.

1. For every minute I wait in the drive-thru line... $.50
2. For every ATM positioned so that you can't read the screen when the sun hits it...$1.75
3. Sending me someone else's deposit slip at the drive-thru...$10.00
4. Popping popcorn in the lobby. You know it stinks up the entire bank!...$2.00
5. Taking up your time trying to convince you to add services to your account...$1.00 per minute
6. Linking your ATM card to the wrong account...$25.00
7. Accidentally depositing money to your account, while nice for me, painful for the other guy...$25.00
8. Not being able to conclude a transaction without your spouse's approval...punishable by death

I hate to single out a specific bank, but let's just say that my bank and a STAGECOACH have a lot in common:

You're in for a rough ride.
It will take a long time.
There's a distinct possibility you could be robbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment