Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It Breaks My Heart To Tell You This...

It breaks my heart to tell you this, but if you don't already have your reservations for Chocolate Decadence on Thursday evening, it is too late. You are going to miss "the best party in town."
While you are munching on last night's leftovers, I will be dining on Beef Tenderloin and Gruyere and Applewood Smoked Bacon Tartlets, etc. until I tire of savories. Then I will move on to all the chocolate desserts. You may be curled up on the couch in your favorite p.j.s, but I will be adorned in a gorgeous chocolate diamond necklace and earrings on loan from Cathy Eastham Jewelry. While you are flipping channels, I will be strolling through the aisles of the Boutique, purchasing some incredible Italian glass art chocolates (which serve as my raffle ticket), edible hand-painted chocolate paintings and bidding on a one-of-a-kind chocolate quilt.
I will have to take a moment out of the evening's fun to sign my cookbooks, but then I will be front and center to bid on such wonderful auction items as: a week on the beach in Puerta Vallarta (with chef and house staff), a chocolate diamond ring and a Garlic Press dinner for six.
To finish out the evening, I will hopefully win one of the "sweet" raffle prizes. I wouldn't mind heading home wrapped in Italian cashmere blankets or winning any of the other seven prizes.
Yes, the weather outside my be frightful, but the party will be delightful. The valet parkers will keep my exposure to the elements to a minimum.
I'm looking forward to a wonderful evening celebrating the incredible work of the Aphasia Center, honoring this year's Sweetheart, Nancy Anguish, and raising lots of money for a great organization. Next year, make your plans early for this sell-out event. Celebrate with your friends or your favorite Valentine. It will do your heart good.

No comments:

Post a Comment