Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

No Bunny Loves Me

Easter has come and gone. I should be hopping mad, but I have too many other things on my mind to clutter it up with anger. The "Bunny" has overlooked me, again. Of course, as every year, PARTNER has a basket, but MRS. PARTNER has none. Not a dark chocolate bunny to nibble off the ears...no orange jelly beans and not even a wisp of plastic grass.
A smart person (and I do consider myself smart) would take the hint that after 40 Easters with no basket, the probability of one appearing would be one-in-a-million. Unfortunately, smart and romantic are not always compatible. My romantic side still believes in the Easter Bunny. Mentally, I know there will be no basket, but emotionally, I expect one.
One year I hid a basket for myself. I thought PARTNER might take the hint. He just mumbled something about not wasting my time looking for anything. He wasn't the least bit embarrassed when I "found" a basket. I guess he was just glad he didn't have to share his candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment