Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Friday, April 23, 2010

Pawned Stars


Last year I urged everyone to watch the History Channel show, Pawn Stars. To quote myself, "It is Antiques Roadshow meets trailer trash." Unfortunately, all that was good and novel about the show has fallen to the wayside. This year it has become forced and predictable.
The lines you are sure to hear in each episode:
Rick: "If this is genuine, it could be worth a lot of money." "I need to call in an expert."
Corey: "I'm gonna' prove to my Dad that I can make a good deal."
Chumlee: "Huh?"
The Old Man: He doesn't get many lines. He just counts currency...continually. Kind of like a mime money counter.
In addition to the predictable dialogue, Corey and Chumlee have become walking works of not-so-fine art. There must be a tattoo parlor owner in Las Vegas who sleeps very soundly at night. Exacerbating the program's decline is the flagrant plug for their sponsor, Subway, during inauspicious moments in the show. Obviously the constant Subway diet has done nothing for their collective waistlines. If Corey and Chumlee continue to expand at the present rate, they will both be candidates for balloons in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Just tie ropes to them and let them go.
Add in the increase in bleeps for coarse language and I find I can no longer recommend the not new and not improved season of Pawn Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment