Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Monday, August 2, 2010

Chocolate Shortage!!!!


Don't say I didn't warn you. When Chocolate Crimes cookbook was released last year, I predicted a world-wide chocolate shortage. Of course, no one batted an eye, called me for interviews or started stock-piling chocolate. That will teach you to ignore me!
Depending upon your outlook and financial circumstances, Anthony Ward is either the most clever, daring and wealthy of men or else he is a money-grubbing, greedy individual attempting to upset the cocoa futures market by underhanded manipulation.
Being pragmatic, I'm planning to cultivate Mr. Ward's friendship. He owns enough cocoa beans (real beans, in a warehouse) to make over 1 billion pounds of chocolate bars. The British press may have dubbed him "Chocfinger", but you can hardly equate him with the James Bond villain. I understand one's need for chocolate. If I had the money and the means, the Diamond B Ranch would become a cocoa bean repository, too.
I'd say, if ever there was a person who needed a chocolate cookbook, it was Anthony Ward. If it didn't cost $35 to mail a package to the UK, I'd send him one. Maybe I could send it COD? Do you think his maid would have some petty cash on hand? Even better, maybe he could BUY cookbooks for all his employees at Armajaro Holdings Limited. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment