Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Coco's Closet: Vintage Barbie Fashions


When ONLY was here on the 4th of July, she was exposed to her cousin's Barbie and other fashion dolls. TWO determined that it would be only a matter of time before Barbie moved into her domicile, so she took a pre-emptive strike and went searching for an appropriate looking doll. It seems that the modern Barbie was just a little too tarty looking for her taste, so she settled on the re-issued Barbie dolls from the 1960's.
I never played with Barbie as a child, but I remember my grandmother making a lovely handmade wardrobe for my sister's Barbie. Inspired by her handiwork, I have embarked on my own sewing binge. By the time ONLY is old enough to play with Barbies, she should have a wonderful, lovingly made wardrobe for her dolls.
If you click on the link listed on the new gadget on the right side of the blog: Coco's Closet...you'll be able to check out my progress and Barbie's new outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment