Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Monday, January 3, 2011

The Chocolate Lover's Club


I am so excited that I finally read a book I liked...The Chocolate Lovers' Club by Carole Matthews. I know I usually post my reading to the side, but my enthusiasm overtook me today.
To begin with, the book was charming, well-written and a read that you can just sit back and enjoy. I appreciated that the "Club" women were so supportive of each other. Unlike most chick-lit, it wasn't filled with gratuitous sex, raunchy language or unending fantasies about designer clothes. What it did have was a fantastic amount of chocolate! It will make your tummy growl and lips smack. You may occasionally drool.
Of course, you will have to totally ignore any New Year's resolutions concerning diet and exercise, but it will be worth it. Warning: Don't attempt to read this book without a full chocolate stash on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment