Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Friday, April 8, 2011

Not So Upfront at Frontgate: Or Me Versus the Larissa Vanity Stool

I was very excited to find a vanity stool that swiveled and had a low back support. I ordered it from Frontgate and it was delivered when I was in Austin taking care of ONLY. I couldn't wait to get back home and give it a test-drive.
At least it had casters. I was tired of lifting my old chair in and out of its slot in the bathroom counter. I wasn't overwhelmed by the quality of the upholstery fabric...a little too masculine for me...but it was Teflon treated, so I thought that was a plus.
I plunked down and opened my vanity drawer. The entire stool pitched forward. "Hmmm," I thought, "I better put a bath mat underneath this thing so it doesn't roll around too much." A few minutes later, I was on the floor. The darn stool flipped me against an open drawer. The result was a large,painful gash.

A few days later, I received an email from Frontgate asking me to review my purchase and "share my thoughts." I filled out the review. I guess they decided not to publish it because it has been three weeks and it is still not listed under the product review. I think I was very fair in my review and not vindictive. I just stated my problems with the product and suggested that it would be a bad choice for an elderly person. If Frontgate really is trying to "continue to improve our products," I would suggest that ignoring this shortcoming is not the way. Just post the review and make some changes to the number of casters or their placement under the vanity stool.

No comments:

Post a Comment