Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Well, I'm Feeling Divine!

Now that I have you stunned by my ability to cast a curse and perform voodoo rituals, I will further amaze you by letting you in on a real secret.  Along with my other new ranch skills such as tractor driving,  I have also mastered the art of dowsing.  I can find underground water.  Yep, I'm pretty blown away by this, too.  Six years ago when we purchased the Diamond B, the water well driller showed me how to locate a site by holding an L-shaped metal rod in each hand.  As a joke, PARTNER gave me my own set of copper dowsing sticks. 
I was able to site a second water well.  If I had displayed this talent in the days of Martin Luther, I would have been condemned for doing the work of the Devil...hence the name, water-witching. Fortunately, learned minds have moved forward, but the majority of the scientific world can find no clear evidence that dowsing works any better than random chance.  All I can say is that when I get near underground water, those rods swing across each other to form an X.  It is weird.  Normally, stuff like that would keep me up at night as I am not into paranormal events.  As scarce as water is in West Texas, I'm just focusing on the positive idea that somehow, I can find it. The great mind of Albert Einstein believed that the movement of the rods were the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors. I think I'll hang with that explanation.
Anyway, we are about to drill another water well so my rods and I were out dowsing last weekend.  The well driller met with PARTNER today and had the very same results as I.  Bingo...right on my spot! Thanks to PARTNER,  I have the photo of the driller's verification to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment