Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Friday, October 7, 2011

Apache Smoke Signals

This should be a good sign. Although you can' read it, it says Apache workers have not missed any time due to accidents in 171 days, it is a hardhat area and NO SMOKING, etc.  It does look, however, that the sign has been in an accident. 
Now take ten paces forward and see the next sign: Oh look...it says DESIGNATED SMOKING AREA. As far as I'm concerned, there is NO place on the Diamond B Ranch, the county of Glasscock or the state of Texas that is safe for smoking.  We under a burn ban and severe drought.  I don't want these yahoos burning up my ranch.
Why am I having so much trouble with these folks?  I solved the mystery last weekend.  I spied these units sitting to the side of the drilling rig. I'm sure this is where they perform the frontal lobotomies and red-neck brain transplants.

No comments:

Post a Comment