Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Friday, November 4, 2011

Apache Pow Wow

Photo taken by my security team scout, Lori.
Every Wednesday, so I hear, the Apache chiefs gather for a meeting in Midland.  Wouldn't I like to be a fly on the wall to hear what was going on in their corporate world?  I understand my name has occasionally made it into the mix.
I think these guys and/or women should be having meetings with all the little Indians and sub-contractors instead of chatting among themselves.  They can give us reassurances and issue all the dictates that they like, but until they can enforce company policies in the field, it is just a source of frustration to us and a waste of time.
Unfortunately, all my curse casting and voodoo doll handicraft were to no avail.  Apache managed to drill a successful well and are on to the next one, Rosebud. I think it is very ironic that the well site shares its name with the last words of the protagonist in Citizen Kane. If you have not seen the movie, it depicts the financial rise and eventual fall of a greedy, manipulative man.  Rosebud? The final words refer to a childhood possession that was probably the last thing he truly loved.
The good news is that I've been to sick to make it to the ranch the past few weeks. I know you would like the latest trash tally and gate closing failures, but PARTNER says that things are improving.  I don't know whether he is just telling me these things to keep my blood pressure normal, or it is really getting better.  Fortunately, the second well is not visible from the house.  I'm going with the out of sight out of mind theory.
The bad news is...the well was so productive that they need a tank farm. You guessed it...they are usurping more of our property to install a permanent collection facility.  Not only will it enhance the landscape with its beauty, we will be blessed with a little crude oil bomb waiting to explode.  I know you folks who live in states where landowner's rights are not subservient to minerals are very jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment