Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Plume and Fumes

When Apache said they would put a flare by the tank battery, I didn't imagine anything as voluminous as this. This is not a flare, but rather a large plume of flame waving in the wind. You can see this thing from several miles away.
While I am happy that the gas is not being released into the air, the size of this fire-ball is a little overwhelming. Let's see...poison gas versus giant flame.  I guess the flame wins.
You will be really grateful that I don't have the capabilities to transmit odor. If you have not had the chance to smell the odor emanating from a tank battery, you have missed one of life's dubious pleasures. Imagine yourself locked in a room for a week with folks consuming only tuna salad, hard boiled eggs and fried onion rings.
We no longer go to the ranch in search of fresh air and a great outdoor experience. What a stench!


No comments:

Post a Comment