Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Friday, August 31, 2012

Register Those Voters

Since ONE has not lived in Texas for almost two decades, I find it odd that she is being contacted by the Voter Participation Center (VPC) to register to vote.  According to the mail out, the VPC is a non-government, nonprofit and nonpartisan 501(c) (3) organization.  My question is...WHY?
No one checks that I have remembered to renew my driver's license, pay my bills or changed the filters in the air-conditioner.  Who in the world is donating money to these folks and why are they so desperate to find SOMEONE who might who is not registered to vote?  Maybe because it is paying someone's salary.

If you are not mentally incapacitated or a felon and are a resident and U.S. citizen, you can vote...easy as that. I just can't imagine that we need to spend our charitable dollars these days trying to encourage people to register to vote.  It is a privilege to take advantage of as one desires. Whether your vote makes any difference is a whole other matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment