Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Privacy, Please

Is it incongruous to want a little privacy and still have a web presence? I don’t think so. Whatever glimpse I give you of my life, I do so willingly. My family, on the other hand, has a right to their own privacy. I have been dealing with the conundrum of how to refer to them without being too personally invasive. They were extremely good sports when I related a few tales about them in Texas Manners, but I don’t want to push my luck. So, I have come up with the following code:

Husband = Partner
First child=One and One’s spouse
Second child =Two and Two’s spouse
Grandchild=Only (As in my ONE and ONLY totally loved and adored grandchild.)
Canine and feline family accouterments=Cat and Dog
Best Friend=Best

The stories are true. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment