Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It was Done on the Patio, With a Hoe, by Ms. Brune

Did you get the clues? I'm a murderer. I'm wondering why PETA, the SPCA or the Bird Woman of Midland have not descended upon my doorstep with a warrant in hand.

In my own defense, I didn't mean to kill a baby bird. I was merely trying to discourage his/her mother from building a nest on top of my outdoor speakers. Only two weeks ago, I had cleaned all the dove nests off the rafters before the birds could lay their eggs. I find it quite surprising that in only two short weeks, I not only had two new nests, but a hatchling.

We had a terrible storm last weekend. I imagine the bird being beaned by the golf ball size hail. I think there is a great probability that he was already dead prior to his precipitous fall. I'm not sure why the mother didn't realize she was tending a croaker, but then again, doves aren't exactly brilliant. Anyway, that's my new theory and I'm sticking to it.

Still, I don't think I'll be watching the movie, The Birds, anytime soon. I did notice these two doves staring at me while I was planting flowers this morning, but otherwise, I feel totally confident in my new not-guilty-by-reason-of-prior-death-plea. (Do you think it was just a coincidence that my car was pelted with bird droppings today?)

No comments:

Post a Comment