Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Friday, July 31, 2009

Why Americans Are Overweight

I was talking to my editor, when she mentioned that she had an Astrophysicist friend. (This is just one of the reasons I am not an editor. My friends fall into the "let's go to lunch" variety.) He offered her a simple explanation of Einstein's theory of relativity: E=MC2.

If I understand her, it means that when a lot of pressure is applied to an object, it becomes heavier and then something else, that I can't remember, happens. ( I never did listen in science.)

It doesn't take much of a leap to realize that Americans are under lots of pressure, so that is why they are becoming heavier. Blame it on physics and have another cheeseburger!

No comments:

Post a Comment