Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Now I'm a Fossil

I just returned from the quilt store, which will remain nameless, empty-handed. What item was I seeking? Quilting thread.

"Oh, no one hand quilts any more...just machine quilting."
"You don't have ANY hand quilting thread?"
"No, we don't want to take up space with thread hardly anyone is using." (Like thread is a bulky item.)"I think they have Coats & Clark (she said this like it was a dirty word) at Hancock's."

Well, I guess I will head out later and get some of that low-brow Coats & Clark thread. I hope I'm not demeaning my quilt by using it. I've only been hand quilting for twenty five years. I don't know how I could have become extinct already, but I guess I should park myself over by the museum with the rest of the relics.

No comments:

Post a Comment