Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It Must Be Time for Christmas

The leftovers are gone and the house no longer has the lingering smell of roasting turkey.
Thing ONE and Thing TWO and spouses are back to work.
ONLY's toys are packed safely in her room. The diaper pail is emptied and her lovely blue marker art work is the only lingering evidence remaining from her all too brief visit.
I'm alone in the house. It should seem blissfully quiet. There is no laundry to do and no dishes to wash. But, there is also no one to lift her little face to mine and reach a hand out to me and say, "Coco" and melt my heart in one fell swoop.
My consolation...it is only 24 days until Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment