Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Two Years Older in One Day

Through a slight miscalculation on my part, as of yesterday, I am actually one year older than I thought I would be. Aging one year at a time is not difficult to handle, but two years at a time is a little overwhelming.
I discovered this nasty revelation after a conversation with ONE. I commented on my upcoming age...there was a polite silence...then a clearing of the throat...then the pronouncement that somehow I had managed to forget last year's birthday, altogether.
Oh well, as Popeye says, "I am what I am." For me it's: feeling 40, some days looking 50 and but actually exceeding 60.

No comments:

Post a Comment