Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Losing Weight, Already

I know I lost at least an ounce yesterday after I had all the extraneous growths frozen and cut off my body. I'm not recommending this as a preferred form of weight loss. It is also quite expensive...may $400 for an ounce and not that pleasant. As the dermatologist so succinctly expressed it, "One of us is having a good day."
Unfortunately, I didn't feel that great this morning, so I haven't weighed yet. Besides, I think you are only supposed to weigh once a week. Yes, I'm sure you only weigh once a week. That would mean that by next Wednesday, I expect ALL OF YOU to be clicking on the comment pencil and sending me your reports.
My progress report, other than the removals, is that I passed up eating an entire box of Joe-Joe's when I returned from the doctor. If you don't live near a Trader Joe's or have someone near and dear to you who will send you multiple boxes, I will describe this little taste treat. Imagine an Oreo cookie filled with peppermint filling...oh so yummy. I understand these cookies are only available during the holidays, but I and the other vigilant consumers will have our freezers back-stocked with cookies so that we may spread the joy throughout the year.
A few weeks ago, I made the Oh-reo Cake on page 139 of Chocolate Crimes and substituted the Joe-Joe's for Oreos. I'd include the recipe, but I guess that wouldn't be fair since I just put you on a diet. Of course, even on a diet, I do always eat dessert! (Hope you made the Pirogi Casserole before the weigh-in.)

No comments:

Post a Comment