Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Elegant and Easy Chocolate Valentine Dessert

I really do love my readers. The blog ate my entry but I'm re-typing this just for YOU! I sure don't want you going hungry on the 14th. This is super chocolaty, elegant and best of all, it can be made ahead and frozen.
Heat:
5 ounces cook n' serve chocolate pudding
3 cups milk
1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
completely dissolve gelatin. Remove from heat and cool. Set aside.
In microwave, melt:
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
Cool completely and add to pudding mixture. Beat with a wire whisk until smooth. (This may take a while.) Then add:
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup Kirsch (optional)
Set aside.
Whip cream to stiff peaks.
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
Fold into chocolate pudding mixture. Set aside. Line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with:
(2) 3-ounce packages of ladyfingers (You'll reserve some for layering.)
Place the cut side of the ladyfingers facing in. Brush with:
1/2 cup vanilla simple syrup
Pour chocolate mixture over the ladyfingers until the pan is half full. Add a layer of ladyfingers and top with remaining chocolate mixture. Chill at least 4 hours. Remove sides of springform pan. Top with whipped cream and chocolate curls or grated chocolate before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment