Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Divine Intervention

It is a Sunday, in fact Super Bowl Sunday, and I am about to commit a sin. Okay, maybe just a little sin, but I'm going to steal a story from a very dear friend. Does it make it worse that I'm pre-empting the use of a tale from a devout Catholic, a kind and generous woman who would drop-anything-to-come-help-you and the world's best pecan pie maker? Yes, it probably does, but the story is just so cute...
FRIEND'S parent had been enduring a run of bad luck including having their home destroyed by hurricane Katrina. She had them living with her for months-on-end without complaint. (I told you she was wonderful!) Her parents were finally relocated to New Orleans when her father suffered a serious medical problem. It morphed into numerous complications and things were touch-and -go for a while.
While at a Bunko party recently, a mutual friend inquired about her father's health.
FRIEND replied, " I really believe the saints kept him alive."
Knowing her religious convictions, the friend nodded and murmured about the power of faith.
"Oh, I didn't mean those saints," FRIEND exclaimed. "I meant the New Orleans Saints. He and Mom are so excited about the football team. I think it has just kept him going from Sunday to Sunday. They put on their team t-shirts and beads and watch every game."
Does the Who Dat Nation have one more miracle in their pocket? We will all know by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment