Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Monday, April 19, 2010

Barack Obama, Tiger Woods and John F. Kennedy

I know there should be a great punchline after that promising title, but I am a serious investigative journalist. I think this might be my Pulitzer Prize winning moment and I don't want to blow it.

Do you think any of this could really just be a coincidence?


All three men appeared shirtless in newspaper photographs.
JFK and Obama both smoked.

Obama, Kennedy and Woods all played golf. In fact, JFK was considered the best presidential golfer and Tiger is considered the best professional golfer.

Kennedy had an affair with a Swedish woman. Tiger married one.

Kennedy had a black servant to dress him every morning. Tiger and Obama are half-black.

Elin and Jackie Kennedy could easily be mistaken for models.

Michelle is not quite in their league, but I'd be glad to have her backing me up in a fight. Tiger and Elin had a fight.

Kennedy spoke in Berlin and mistakenly said, "I am a doughnut." Obama made a speech in Berlin and said his father was a goat herder.

Woods, Obama and Kennedy each have two adorable children.

Kennedy was the first Roman Catholic president. Obama was the first Muslim/Christian (depending on the audience) to be president. Tiger was the first sometimes-Buddhist golfer.

JFK and Obama both gave their nomination acceptance speech in a stadium. Tiger gave a speech but nobody liked it.

Obama and Kennedy both wrote books. Books are being written about Tiger.

JFK and Tiger were adulterers.

Obama used drugs. Tiger used women and JFK used women and booze.

Kennedy wanted to put a man on the moon. Obama wants to go to Mars. Tiger just wants to get out of town.

Without regard to my own peril, I have ferreted out these amazing correlations. All I can say is, there is something very mysterious going on and I plan to get to the bottom of it. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if I heard from the FBI. We are obviously experiencing some type of fourth dimension phenomena. My suggestion is to start accumulating canned goods, began building your survivalist shelter and stockpile toilet paper.


Eeeek...It may be too late. I've just discovered I appeared shirtless in the newspaper, too. HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment