Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Grammatical Blight

Don't look at me like that, Bill. I am tired of your protests of innocence:
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."
"I did not inhale"
I have the goods on you this time and no amount of skirting the issue (including Paula, Jennifer and Monica) is going to help you now.
You are guilty as charged for an unwarranted assault on the English language. In 1992, you unleashed on an unsuspecting public the idiot phrase, "grow the economy." You would think a Rhodes Scholar would not apply "grow" to something that does not literally grow.
Hair grows, crops grow and children grow. The economy expands. As to jobs, I'd love to see you grow a job...or maybe I wouldn't. Doesn't that conjure up an ugly image? Let's not go there. YUCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment