Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Monday, May 17, 2010

Cordless in Midland

If you purchased a television lately, you noticed that it came with a cord so that you could plug it in to the power outlet. Ditto for a telephone, radio, blender, iron and toaster. So why are large appliances such as washers, dryers, stoves and dishwashers sold without cords? I think it is immoral and probably illegal. Why should one have to pay extra to purchase a cord for an appliance which won't work without one?
Today is founder's day for my new organization, PAASWAC...People Against Appliances Sold Without A Cord. Please join me in the national effort to eradicate this travesty of justice. We want our cords and we want them now! Appliance manufactures plug us in! Give me power or give me my money back!
Please write your congressperson with your concerns. Don't worry, they certainly aren't doing anything else important. I suggest you flood the appliance manufactures with email, too. Maybe we could picket Sears and Lowes. Call the local news. Please send me your suggestions. I will consider any appropriate action that doesn't involve violence or bra burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment