Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Friday, May 21, 2010

Whistler's Mother

I was watching Squawk Box, PARTNER'S daily dose of financial news, when they ran a public service announcement about being courteous to your elders.
"That reminds me," I said. "You won't believe what happened to me yesterday. This car full of guys gave me the big whistle!"
PARTNER replied, "Well, good for you!"
"What do you mean, good for me? Men whistling at women is degrading."
HE: "I think it's a compliment." (Fortunately, he didn't add "at your age".
ME: "How would you feel if a car full of young women started hooting and cat-calling at you?
I looked at his face and saw that he found the idea quite appealing..."Oh never mind!"

No comments:

Post a Comment