Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Friday, July 9, 2010

ONLY'S Dinner Party

I am patting myself on the back because I have waited six whole days without mentioning the visit of my precious grand-daughter, ONLY. (For you new readers, this is her code name.) What was most amazing, was that she didn't seem the least bit surprised by a catered dinner in her honor. I guess she is a very sophisticated 2 years and 4 months.
The highlights of the evening were:
ONLY devouring three tartlet appetizers and wanting more.
Picking up an asparagus spear and nibbling it like an ear of corn.
Enquiring what the yellow sauce was and repeating, "Bearnaise" and plunking a finger in it.
Looking on her mother's plate at an asparagus stalk and quietly saying, "That's poop!" (Yes, she lunches with little boys every day. It certainly has broadened her horizons and vocabulary.)
Requesting for ketchup for her gourmet meal, much to the pleasure of her Heinz employed Aunt.
Actually using a fork.
Asking each person if they were finished eating so she could be excused from the table.

My thanks to Joshua Washburn, owner/chef of The Garlic Press for the wonderful meal. How many chefs would have the aplomb to cook for a two-year-old?

No comments:

Post a Comment