Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ultimate Fighting

Not having sons, I am coming to dark side a little late in life. This weekend I was introduced to Ultimate Fighting. I think the premise is to lock two men in an octagonal arena and let them beat each other to a pulp. The only rules seem to be: no biting, no eye gouging and no blows to the private parts, but I don't believe these are strictly adhered to. As you might expect from men, they don't feel compelled to mop up the blood between rounds.
I'm not sure why anyone would want to watch this, let alone participate in it, but there is a segment of the population who find it entertaining enough to pay $50 to witness this spectacle. What's next? Maybe Barbie Death Duels. (Hey, if this takes off, just remember, you first heard it here.)
We digressed to car racing...only a few wrecks and no blood and then to the Tour de France. I felt pretty safe with men on bicycles, but alas this weekend turned bloody for the cyclers. They were plagued with a rash of major collisions.
All in all, I find viewing this weekend display of destruction a small price to pay for having sons-in-laws who graciously come to visit and provided a much needed male balance to our previously female dominated household. I think PARTNER is just grateful to watch something besides HGTV.

No comments:

Post a Comment