Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Stunned by Cuisinart

I purchased a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker last year, hoping to switch from the salt/ice routine to electric efficiency for our annual Fourth of July ice cream adventure. Unfortunately, the machine never hardened the mixture. Optimistically, we tried again this year...another failure!
I geared myself up to wait on the phone for an endless customer service line at Cuisinart. Not only did they answer right away, but offered to send a new unit for only $10.00 shipping. No proof of purchase, twenty questions or did I drop the unit? Just, "That's not right, it should be working. We'll send you a new one as they are guaranteed for three years." (Nothing in this world is guaranteed for three years.) So, I am happily awaiting my ice cream maker and I don't even mind sending the old one back. Maybe I should have pushed for free shipping both ways. I guess I was just too stunned by REAL customer service to think of it.
Here's hoping that this new unit will work better than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment