Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Friday, September 10, 2010

There's Something Fishy About This

After hearing the benefits of fish consumption touted by the medical world, I finally have conclusive proof that fish is not the wonder food that it has been proclaimed.
1. In a recent British study, it was determined that B vitamins actually delayed the development of dementia in elderly patients. So much for fish being the "brain food".

2. In an attempt to lower my cholesterol, the doctor suggested Omega 3 (fish oil) supplements. In fact it raised my BAD cholesterol. Now I have to take a statin drug.

3. Most conclusively, just check out the photo of these fish farmers. I admit, they are all nice looking men, but not exactly an ad for the health benefits of fish. ( Look at those protruding tummies...despite the attempt of the guy on the right to hold his belly in. I think he exhaled and held his breath.)
So, eat fish if you like it, but don't be expecting me to dine with you. I'll hold out for the crustaceans.

No comments:

Post a Comment