Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Very Short Pulitzer Prize Entry


Yes, I do try every year to compose a Pulitzer Prize winning essay. This year my plan is to go for brevity. I came across a single word that encompasses everything that is wrong with our government.
All this time I assumed we lived in a democracy, I was wrong. We actually live in a KLEPTOCRACY....A GOVERNMENT RUN BY THOSE WHO ARE ONLY IN IT FOR STATUS OR PERSONAL GAIN, AT THE EXPENSE OF THE GOVERNED.
Since this is the most concise, insightful and thought-provoking sentence I've ever written, I do expect to win the Pulitzer Prize this year. Maybe a Nobel Prize, too. Now that my expose is completed, I am going out to buy a new dress for the award ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment