Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Monday, July 25, 2011

Furries Give Me the Creepies


Photo credit to ONE, as spotted in her town.

I know it is difficult to believe, but there is a whole contingent of folks who get their jollies by dressing up in animal suits.  I don't know if this is motivated by shyness, some kinky sex-drive or the inability to outgrow Halloween. I mean, it's one thing to throw on the old mascot suit and give a cheer for the home team, but to walk around in anthropomorphic glory as a hobby seems quite bizarre.
I didn't think this would be much of an attraction in warm climates, but they recently had a convention (The Furry Fiesta) in Dallas.  It is just hard to imagine donning a fur suit in 90 degree weather with 99 percent humidity.  Talk about your own personal sauna.  Can you imagine the odor?  I wonder what it cost to have those outfits dry cleaned?  Do they still have One Hour Martinizing?  If not, does one own a spare suit? No wonder furries love  Mountain Dew.  You'd need a little caffeine buzz to keep you going.
For those new initiates who can't afford full-body attire or are just testing the waters, there is the option of ears and tails with "regular" clothes.  I'll be the first to admit that I love wearing my cat ears on Halloween because they keep my hair out of my eyes while I'm handing out candy, but PARTNER has never said, "Could you just keep those on for a few more hours?  I find them very erotic." Besides, by ten o'clock, I find they have given me a headache.

1 comment:

  1. If *only* those suits could be dry-cleaned, then life would be simpler, and less smelly!

    ReplyDelete