Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Monday, February 20, 2012

Who Is Celia Rivenbark?

Until a few weeks ago, I had no idea anyone named Celia Rivenbark even existed.  When I first I started reading her books, I figured we must be sisters separated at birth or at least long-lost cousins. When I tracked down her photo I realized that we could only be related IN MY DREAMS.
Okay, so she is a pretty blonde journalist with a penchant for profanity. Otherwise, we are EXACTLY the same.  We both have written books. I just finished reading Rivenbark's  We're Just Like You Only Prettier and You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl and I'm on the cusp of Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank. These books are each a collection of  essays that will keep you laughing at life and the world around you.
They have left me haunted by the thought that she is channeling me. If you have been following Texas Jot, you will notice that we take aim at many of the same subjects.  She doesn't like politicians who can't keep their pants on, exercise and twitter.  Okay, she likes the Obamas and I don't...ditto on the Snuggie...I like Barbie, she doesn't...but we both agree on men.  Her better (make that other) half is DUH.  Mine is PARTNER.  They  have starring roles in our writing. We both live in the South and appreciate food... her weakness is fast food, mine dessert. She incorporates recipes in her book....two of my books are nothing but recipes.  Her name is Celia, I'm Cece.  She has a daughter.  I have two. There is just too much similarity to be a mere coincidence.
Fess up Celia Rivenbark.  What's going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment