Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Kindred Spirit in Wysox, Pennsylvania

As I have mentioned before, the folks in Pennsylvania are just as sick of the drilling as we Texas landowners are.  Someone sent me a copy of an information sheet that Scout Petroleum had sent to landowners in northeast Pennsylvania. A lot of it I can't print on this site, but I think you'll get the gist of this person's feelings.
Name:  We are not as stupid as you think.
Address:  Corner of No Way and No How
Phone #:  570-265- ****
E-mail:  www.eat my ****.com
# of Acres:  205
County/ Township:  Bradford, Wysox Township
Are you currently receiving royalty payments? (crude hand gesture)
Best time to contact: Never
P.S.  You are one of many that are trying to take advantage of people's misery.  We as land owners (sic) want to be left along.  So please don't **** us any more than chesapeake (sic) already has. Thank you
         The people

While Garden City boasts a population of 334, Wysox is a booming town of 1778 angry citizens.  I feel their pain.  After spending last weekend at the Diamond B, I have another boatload of Apache violations to report, but I'm giving this day exclusively to the poor people of Wysox. Misery loves company.  Hang-in there!
New sign of the times.

No comments:

Post a Comment